Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Break

Grandma Chris decided that the kiddies needed a little vacation fun over spring break. Daddy was stuck working, so Mom, Grandma, Nate and Abby headed out "west" to Watervliet, Michigan, and Surfari Joe's indoor waterpark.

Abby loved the "green slide", as long as the giant bucket of water overhead didn't dump on her. And who knew you could spend so much time filling up a watering can and dumping it into a bucket? Unfortunately, we had to make a 3:00 am trip to the emergency room when she woke up with a high mystery fever. She wasn't quite herself for the rest of the trip, but she did have a lot of fun "apple picking" at the Curious Kids Museum in St. Joseph.

Nate had tons of fun convincing Mom to go down the water slide with him. After the bathing suit incident in Columbus last summer, I was a bit leary of the water slide. He also had fun snapping pictures at the pier in St. Joseph of the lighthouse, boats, bridges and anything else he could find. Someday that kid's going to be a photographer--I just know it.

2 comments:

Christina said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I wish we still lived that way so we could have seen you.

Unknown said...

I thought of you as we drove through good ol' Kalamazoo. Miss you!